Effective Immediately, the following revised Media Requirements and Regulations are in effect for Best In The Desert races.
Submission of a Media Credentials Request application does not guarantee media credentials. Best In The Desert will review all credential requests and reserves the right to approve or deny. Best In The Desert reserves the right to remove credentials onsite if any policies or procedures, safety or otherwise, are violated.
Best In The Desert is committed to safety of the entire venue, racers, spectators and media. Safety is of the utmost concern; therefore, Best In The Desert asks you to respect the media credential levels and process to help ensure the longevity of desert off-road racing.
Allowing media access to Best In The Desert races is a privilege, not a right, and your access can be revoked at any time.
RACE COURSE ACCESS & COURSE MARKINGS – ALL MEDIA is required to stay back AT LEAST 50 FEET from the race course at all times. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO STAND IN THE RACE COURSE FOR ANY REASON. If you are found on the course or within 50 feet of it by a Best in the Desert Official, your media privileges will be immediately revoked and you will be required to leave the event. You are also not permitted to drive on any part of the racecourse at any time. No Exceptions.
Tampering with any Best In The Desert race course markings, for any reason WILL NOT be tolerated and will result in immediate removal from the event, and you will be banned from any future Best In The Desert events.
Your course access for coverage of the race is governed by Best in the Desert and the BLM. You MUST ADHERE to these rules, or you will be removed.
Best In The Desert works closely with the BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT (BLM). They are simply enforcing rules and regulations that we all have to live with. Members of the Media need to adhere to their guidelines in order to enjoy racing in the desert. Please work with us to maintain our great working relationships.
BLM PHOTO PERMITS All Best In The Desert events that fall under the jurisdiction of the Las Vegas Bureau of Land Management require credentialed photographers and videographers to have a BLM Photo Permit. The necessary permit is filed for and secured on a group basis. Individual photographer and videographer fees will be collected at the on-site media registration. Fees vary based on the total number of credentials issued for the event. You will be notified in advance of the required amount due and must be paid CASH ONLY on-site.
MEDIA CREDENTIAL REQUESTS All requests for Media Credentials will be reviewed and you will be emailed or contacted directly, prior to each race, to advise you of the acceptance or decline of your credentials. All Media MUST fill out and submit a NEW Media Credential Request form no later than TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO EACH RACE date in order to be considered for inclusion.
In the interest of fairness to all race teams, NO RACE TEAM PERSONNEL are eligible for Media Credentials allowing them access to the racecourse.
NO media credential requests will be accepted onsite. No exceptions.
There are three designated media categories for all Best In The Desert events:
Category A – Assigned Media – Media representing recognized accredited broadcast or print media outlets (Must have proof from an assigning editor).
Category B – Freelance Media – Professional freelance journalists and photographers. All applicants to be approved by the Best In The Desert. Level B includes recognized internet media outlets. Freelance media may be asked to submit samples of published work and/or a letter on letterhead from the assigning media source, editor, etc. Personal distribution (i.e.: YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, etc.) is not considered “published media” and will not qualify for media credential consideration.
• Category B Media will be required to pay a $100 media fee per person per race,plus applicable BLM photo permit fees upon media check-in. CASH ONLY on-site.
Category C – Professional commercial photographers and videographers – commercially reselling images and footage – Must present proof of an established professional business. Level C media includes independent professional photographers and videographers that have been contracted by a race team (Must have proof of assignment by race team owner).
• Category C Media will be required to pay a $100 media fee per race,plus applicable BLM photo permit fees upon media check-in. CASH ONLY on-site.
• CATEGORY C MEDIA REQUIREMENTS All Commercial Media must supply Best in the Desert and/or their respective agencies, Royalty-Free copies of electronic media, and/or digital photography within 30 days of the end of the covered event. This footage and digital photography will be used by Best in the Desert only as part of their advertising and publicity campaigns. Failure to supply as outlined will result in the photographer or media outlet being banned from further coverage of Best In The Desert events.
NOTE: DO NOT SEND copies of all photos or footage you shot…only high quality samples for Best in the Desert usage. You will be given Photo Credits.
REQUIREMENTS: Photographers – 6 high res images. Videographers – :60 second edited clip of race.
• All media will need to present picture ID onsite.
• MANDATORY SAFETY VESTS, MEDIA CREDENTIALS, WRIST BANDS
All Media Personnel must wear an Official Best In The Desert safety vest on the course. No media will be allowed to wear personal vests.Failure to do so will result in revocation of your media credentials and you will be required to leave the course. This is a Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Directive AND IS NOT AN OPTION. There is a $25 CASH ONLY NON-REFUNDABLE charge for this mandatory safety vest. All Media Personnel must register, wear the safety vest along with the issued Press Badge and applicable color Wrist Band, and display a Vehicle Press Pass in order to be allowed press access. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• RELEASE WAIVER Each individual approved for media credentials must sign the required Best In The Desert Release Waiver on-site in person before credentials will be issued.
• Members of the media must be at least 18 years of age.
• All members of the media will be required to read and sign Best In The Desert safety guidelines.
• There will be a MANDATORY MEDIA SAFETY MEETING the day before each race. The time and location will be given when credentials confirmation notices are emailed out. Generally it will be prior to the drivers meeting and attendance is required by anyone receiving media credentials.
• A MAXIMUM of four (4) media credentials will be granted per APPROVED media outlet unless otherwise arranged and authorized in advance.
• Credentials will be issued at Press Registration. Time and location to be announced per race.
• Media credentials are non-transferrable.
• NO media credential requests will be accepted onsite. No exceptions.
Any and all media may be asked to move from a specific location for any reason.
Media credentials may be revoked at ANY time for reasons including but not limited to:
• Unprofessional behavior
• Unsafe behavior
• Ignoring requests of safety workers/BLM and Best In The Desert officials
For questions, please contact email@example.com or 619-258-6225.
Applicants will be notified via email within seven days of application receipt. You may be asked for additional information. If you do not receive an email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEDIA CONTACT: Fall Advertising 619-258-6225 email@example.com